To file a complaint about excessive smoke in your area, try the sources below:


1. Governor of Arizona: 

Click here to contact Governor Doug Ducey

Or write to:

Governor Doug Ducey

1700 West Washington

Phoenix, Arizona 85007 


2. United State Environmental Protection Agency:

The EPA is the federal agency responsible for controlling air pollution in the United States.  The EPA monitors air quality within each state and they enforce federal pollution laws. Before accepting citizen complaints, the EPA usually requires citizens to exhaust their remedies at the appropriate state agency, which is usually the Department of Environmental Quality (DEQ). However, the prescribed burn smoke pollution is an unusual problem requiring emergency action by the EPA because the pollution is caused by a federal agency and the responsible state agency is failing to protect public health.

Click here to file an online complaint with the EPA

Or write to:

U.S. Environmental Protection Agency

Office of Air Quality Planning and Standards
Information Transfer Group 
Mail Code E143-03 
Research Triangle Park, NC 27711


3. The Sierra Club:

The Sierra Club is a national organization that effectively fights air pollution and helps  protect the environment.  

Write to:

Sierra Club National Headquarters 
85 Second Street, 2nd Floor 
San Francisco, CA 94105

Also write to:
Sierra Club Legislative Office 
408 C St., N.E. 
Washington, D.C. 20002


4. President Obama:

Click here to contact President Obama online.

Or write to:

President Obama
The White House
1600 Pennsylvania Avenue NW
Washington, D.C. 20500


5. Earthjustice:

Earthjustice is a legal firm that litigates environmental issues in court to protect the environment.

Write to:

Earthjustice Headquarters
426 17th Street
Oakland, CA 94612 


6. Post complaints on Myspace & Twitter:

To reach millions of people in seconds, post your prescribed burn stories on Myspace.com and Twitter.com. 



Facebook Image


Copyright by CAPA --  All Rights Reserved